Sunday, January 24, 2010

(8 Months) She's an autumn...

Whatever that means. I remember somebody telling me that I'm a "Spring" when it came to what makeup colors I could wear. I still don't get it. I digress...

I used to think Maddie looked funny in brown, after seeing her in a brown onesie with little pink polka dots. Her hair was darker back then, and matched the onesie, so she kind of looked like...well, a pink-spotted turd. Pardon my informality, it's the best analogy I could come up with. I hope you're laughing, because it's meant to be funny :)

Anyhoo... (feeling silly now that I somehow incorporated the word turd into a baby blog) this adorable photo of a non-turdlike baby was taken last monday, before we went on an afternoon stroll through the neighborhood. She was pretty stylin' with the newsboy cap on her head.

I just love this age. She's crawling so much faster, but with heavy hands. You can hear her approaching as she smacks her hands on the floor with each crawl-stride. She can pull to standing in one swift motion, and can stop in mid-crawl to plop herself back into a sitting position for a quick break to survey the terrain. I could watch her for hours. She's able to tolerate staying awake for longer times, too. She now nurses every 4 hours and eats solids 3x/day plus one afternoon snack. We introduced yogurt for breakfast and chicken for dinner this week, which she gobbled up. Still no teeth, yet, but that's fine with me, I love those gummy little grins.

I think she's hit a growth spurt, too. It's almost time to bump the jumper chair up another notch again. And her little Barney Rubble feet finally fit into a cute pair of shoes her Auntie Stacey bought her. I took a rough measurement of her length, and she's about 26 inches tall. It's so amazing to me that we all start off this small and full of wonder.

That's about all for this week. Thanks for checking in.

1 comment: