February teething
I don't know if I already posted this photo from a little while back, but it's one of my favorites of Maddie and Daddy. He mentioned today that he never thought he could love a little person as much as he loves her *sniffle*
We put Maddie's footprints on the bottom of Daddy's seabag, I didn't realize how big her feet were (they're Daddy's "Barney feet") until I saw how much space the prints took up:
So I've not been looking forward to Maddie's teething. Over the last few weeks, we've noticed that her gums are getting taller and taller. She came home early from daycare on Thursday (fortunately, I was also sent home early from work because we had enough staff) for a low-grade fever (it was only 99), irritability, runny nose, and drooling. When I dropped her off that morning on my way to work, she had none of those symptoms, so when I saw her dressed in a different outfit because she had drooled through her bib and onto her original outfit, I knew something was up. Poor baby. Well, she still doesn't have any teeth yet, but this weekend I noticed a couple of small pits forming in her lower gums, where the two front teeth will probably show up. I don't see any white caps erupting yet, but the tissue is probably making way for them to push through. We had to give her a bottle of breast milk for one feeding this weekend because it seemed like nursing was hurting her at that time :(I'm not quite sure about this, but I think her cheeks are a little swollen, too. Or maybe it's just really cute chubby cheeks, what do you think?
No, her face is a little swollen you're right. And her top lip is more formed than in her previous pictures, like she has teeth supporting it.
ReplyDeleteThe look on Aaron's face in this photo is absolutely priceless. You can just see the love in his eyes for his little girl. WOW!! I'm so happy for you guys.
ReplyDelete