Thursday night we had half-off military appreciation reservations at the hotel, but Aaron forgot that he had to be at a teleconference here in Yokosuka at 5am (seated at 4:50am!) today, Friday. It was too late to cancel the room, which was a steal at only $35. So he and I ate dinner at the Wellington as planned, and he left the hotel at around 10pm to catch one of the last trains back to Yokosuka. My best pal Suse joined us after dinner, so that I didn't have to stay in Tokyo alone, and also so that we could hang out today.
So why do I bring this up on my pregnancy blog? Well, just before dinner last night, I looked in the mirror and told Aaron I felt like I just looked chubby, not obviously pregnant. He reassured me that I looked wonderful, like he always does (Awwww). When we got to the restaurant, the waiter held the tablecloth aside as I slid into our private booth and he said, "Here, I'll make room for the baby." That just made my day right then and there. On top of that, they threw in a complimentary sorbet for the dad-to-be (my meal course included sorbet) so he wouldn't feel left out. And they also gave me a few extra after-dinner truffles to take with me to our room, "for baby". How nice to reap some side-rewards for carrying my precious little package in my tummy!
Today, I also got to sit in the "priority seats" on the train that are reserved for passengers who are elderly, handicapped, tot-toting mothers, and expectant mothers. This was much in contrast to last Sunday, when I was on a crowded train and nobody offered me a seat because my belly wasn't quite so obvious at that time. What a nice little growth spurt we've had in just 5 days!
We're both very excited for Monday, that's our 18 week ultrasound. This is the "big" ultrasound that happens in radiology, unlike the previous ones we've had in the OB clinic or OB ward. I hope baby measures out appropriately and we don't see any problems. And, of course, we hope to see a clear picture of baby's gender!
Until then, here's an image from babycenter.com of what baby looks like inside the womb at 18 weeks, which I'll be on Sunday:
No comments:
Post a Comment