I had originally wanted to wait until Madelyn was officially 5 months (which would be a week from now) to start spoon feeds. But this week made a lot more sense because I don't have to work a 12-hour shift until next thursday, so I can spend this week giving her consistent feeds in the evening.
Everything you see in this video is all she took for this feeding, which was still more than I expected. I was surprised she even opened her mouth for the spoon. For the last three weeks we've been bringing her to the dinner table in her high chair if we have an early enough dinner that she's awake for. While she watches us eat, we would give her a baby spoon to play with and suck on, just to get used to its shape and texture on her gums.
At six months, we plan on doing half spoon-feeds and half "Baby-Led Weaning", which is basically Maddie feeding herself soft solids. All her major nutrition will still be from breast milk, and everything else is just complementary to her diet. So we're not going to push her to be a huge solids eater at this point in the game.
We're pleased to ease her into this new phase in taste exploration :)
I think she kinda likes it!! What a cutie! BTW, love your haircut!!
ReplyDelete