Maddie has been busy this week. I forgot to mention after Thanksgiving that she has finally, at last, dropped the swaddle altogether. Thank goodness!
Last Saturday she uttered her first "Dada". Then Sunday she started blowing raspberries (along with lots of spit bubbles):
(yes, Mom, I've trimmed her fingernails, but she still managed to scratch her nose in the middle of the night)
Then on tuesday, she started pulling up to standing while holding onto something (namely me). She hasn't started standing in her crib, but I have a feeling she might have tried, because she has a little pea-sized bruise on the right side of her forehead that neither Aaron nor I can account for. With all these new skills developing, her crib mattress height has been dropped a couple notches for safety.
We gave her a biter biscuit for the first time yesterday. She loved it! What a mess! I was concerned about giving her a product with wheat in it this early, but so far she's tolerated it well. Maybe she'll be able to handle puffs when we fly to Portland for Christmas.
I'm nervous about taking her on the plane in a couple weeks. I'm not sure what to pack, what to carry on, and what to leave here. I even ordered a new potty to be sent to my brother's house for her (does that sound nuts?). Thankfully, we don't have to bring our carseat and stroller, we'll be able to use theirs when we get there. So that's one less hassle.
Thanks for checking in! Off to decorate the Christmas tree!
I feel like she is growing by leaps and bounds now. Good luck packing. I don't envy you. I can barely handle traveling w/ just me!
ReplyDeleteShe's so strong! And what a sweet lil' voice!
ReplyDeleteShe is too cute! Love the video!
ReplyDelete