Thursday, April 29, 2010

Okay, so not quite a walker...

The other infants at Maddie's daycare who are her age started walking while we were gone (so I guess I should call them "toddlers", not infants). Maddie came home the other day trying to imitate them, except on her knees. It's so cute to see her scooting along on her knees, she seems so pleased with herself for moving around upright. Most of the time at home, we "walk" around like this:
Honestly, I'm not ready for her to be walking yet. I have to fly with her in a couple weeks, and if she starts walking, it's likely thats all she'll want to do on the plane. Not fun for Mommy. But I won't keep her from trying if she's driven to do it.
Her left foot frequently (not always) turns inwards, as you can see in the video. Gonna address this with her pediatrician. A random person in the airport who saw me walking her around the boarding gate as we waited for our flight suggested that I put her shoes on the opposite feet to encourage them to correct. Not sure about that, but I vaguely remember hearing that somewhere. I might check that out on Snopes.
Thanks for checking in! Who knows, maybe the next video will be of her stomping around!

No comments:

Post a Comment