Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yay Me!

Maddie and I had a rough couple of weeks, so I didn't really have time to post.
It started the last week of March, when she got her first ear infection. The week leading up to the diagnosis was filled with fevers, a runny nose, and clingy irritability. Poor kiddo! On top of that, I also had a few days of fevers and body aches. Ugh. She never really let on that she had an ear infection, she didn't swat at or play with her ear, she didn't seem to mind being laid down after being upright, it didn't bother her when I cleaned her ear with a washcloth, and she still ate just fine. Although she didn't want to eat any other veggie besides sweet peas, and no other meat besides turkey. I just figured she had a little headcold after coming back from Jacksonville. Fortunately, the antibiotics kicked in and she's doing much better.
Today she finally figured out how to clap her hands. She's been doing the motion for a while, but with closed fists, or one closed fist with one open hand, like a hand jive. But today she finally brought both palms together, and knows what "clap" means. I snagged a used video baby monitor on eBay, and today I saw her wake up early from a nap to practice her new applause skill.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

1 comment: