Maddie's first best friend (well, besides Daddy and Mommy) is her cousin Alex. As much as these two terrorize each other, they really love one another. It's so heartwarming to see them hug, play, and share with one another...Followed shortly thereafter by somebody pushing the other one over or one taking a toy from the other's hands.
Maddie started daycare twice a week at Alex's daycare. Her first day was friday, July 9th. They are in the same classroom, so she had a familiar face there beside her. I had brought her there to play and get acquainted with the surroundings earlier in the week, but it was still a rough transition for her. I know a huge part of it was taking only one nap, where at home she's used to taking two naps during the day. I was worried that she would be so worked up that she wouldn't nap at all, but she ended up sleeping for two hours at naptime. When I dropped off a just-in-case change of clothes at the front desk a couple hours after I took her there, I could peek in their classroom through the glass pane in the door. The director at the desk said, "Yeah, I wouldn't let her see you right now." I could tell it had been a rough morning, because I could see Maddie holding her teddy bear for comfort at the lunch table, seated next to Alex. She wasn't facing the front desk, so she never caught a glimpse of me.At the end of the day, she was sure glad to see me! Her daily report card said that during their outside play time, Alex showed her around the little playground and was giving her the low-down on everything out there. How cute, I'm glad he was sort of looking out for her in a way. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment