Sunday, February 27, 2011

February wrap-up






If you're reading this, I'm thankful that you still check in, despite my very here-and-there posting pattern!

Madelyn is talking up a storm. And singing, which I think is cutest of all. Even the littlest thing will trigger a song from her, like if I say, "I hope it doesn't rain today," she'll start singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider song, since rain is in the second line. Every time we drive past a McDonald's, she sees the large "M" sign and starts singing the alphabet (which sounds nothing like the alphabet song, more like a rhythmic jumble of A, B, E, I, M, P, S and Y noises).

She still loves Elmo, but her favorite stuffed animal is her Tigger (which she pronounces "Tiddah"). And we finally gave in to the inevitable, since we live in Florida: Mickey Mouse.  Eventually, we'll go to Disneyworld while we're here. She really enjoys drawing and painting activities, so she's at her easel a lot. She was captivated by these watercolors a couple weeks ago:

We've been working on drinking out of a "big girl cup." It usually starts out great, nothing spilled, and lots of cheering when she successfully takes a sip. Then I suppose normal drinking gets boring after a while, because this happens:



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
She's growing so fast, we're amazed every day that she says or does something new. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. too cute!!!! Thanks for sharing! I hope I get to see her soon!

    ReplyDelete