Thursday, June 18, 2009

1 Month Old & First Bath!

Madelyn is one month old today! I wish we had a weight scale at home, I could weigh myself with her and subtract my hefty difference to know how much she's gained so far.
She's starting to coo more (although never when the camera is rolling), look around and study things more, and show us the 'tude more (especially when she's hungry). We love her more and more each day.
She finally had her first tub bath last night! Her umbilical cord had fallen off early at 6 days old, and she had a scab there that took a long time to heal over until a couple days ago, so that's why we did only sponge baths until last night. She did great!
She did, however, not really enjoy the hair washing part. Not sure if it was because she started getting cold, or she just has a sensitive scalp. Either way, she was howling for the final part of the bath. Baby 'tude. On a funny note, this was the second time the bathtub was filled, as she protested the first attempt at submersion by pooping all over the side and into the bathtub, as well as on Lola's (Grandma's) arm. Lola says she "christened the ship".
Hooray milestones!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this. Such bright eyes! She is beautiful. I love that belly too!
    Thanks so much for posting this

    ReplyDelete