Okay, now there's a little story that goes with this costume of hers. This was supposed to mix in with a family theme. Some of you may remember when Aaron and I were Capt. Kirk and Lt. Uhura a couple years ago for Halloween:
We thought it would be resourceful of us to re-use those costumes again this year, and Maddie could be a "tribble". Well, I wasn't going to put my sewing skills to the test by making a tribble costume, so I bought an infant Chewbacca costume and figured I'd remove the strap for Chewy's knapsack and *boom* it would become a tribble costume. Well, I didn't realize that our Star Trek uniforms were stored away in the recesses of our attic, and I never got around to removing the seams that attached the knapsack to Maddie's costume. Soooooo...Madelyn was Chewbacca for her first Halloween. Sorry kiddo, you were a boy character for your first Halloween. Although I was a boy character (Frank Poncherello) for my first Halloween that I was married to Aaron, so it's not really that bad. Besides, she's cute no matter what we dress her in:

I think she makes an adorable Chewbacca! But I can see it now...when she's older, she's gonna say, "Gee Mom, thanks a whole lot." Love your story...thanks for sharing! =)
ReplyDeleteI love it! Too cute! Did she make corresponding noises?
ReplyDelete